Tinker Street Restaurant & Wine Bar and Festiva Mexican Restaurant
2015 – 2018, Indianapolis, IN
Tinker Street is an upscale-casual restaurant with an intimate and inviting atmosphere. Festiva is an authentic Mexican restaurant with traditional roots.
- Sales topped $2 million, and the restaurant was in the black within the first year of operation.
- Executed long-term strategy to develop capacity and restaurant stability to allow the original Tinker Street chef to assume ownership and control of future restaurant operations.
- Analyzed potential restaurant locations and themes, comparing other successful restaurants in the area.
- Consulted with an award-winning restaurant in downtown Indianapolis to establish customer-focused protocols and training programs for the service team.
- Directly responsible for food and beverage costs, labor management, employee training, execution of company policies and procedures, and compliance with building and zoning restrictions, state and local liquor board laws and regulation enforcement.
- Established initial inventory for both menu and beverage items through multiple distributors and purveyors
- Successfully coordinated and constructed specialty wine/beverage dinners focusing on target market/guests.
- Coordinated with the Executive Chef and Sommelier to design menus, wine lists, food and wine pairings resulting in increased sales and word of mouth for Tinker Street.
- Established various marketing campaigns – working closely with local promotion development and management to build consumer recognition. Drove service protocols which generated out of town buzz, food critic praise, and created a ‘foodie’ destination that delivered on its reputation.
Century 21 Scheetz – Experienced Realtor/Broker
2002 – 2015, Indianapolis, IN
Specialized in property listing and assisting clients in maximizing sales through exclusive one-on-one meetings, communication, grassroots marketing, and statistical research. Sold residential, new construction, and commercial real estate.
- Achieved $10 million sales in the 4th year of business.
- Budgetary responsibility of overseeing all costs associated with operating and business ownership.
- Coordinated with clients to negotiate on all terms and conditions of purchase agreements.
- Directed presentations to prospective local and multi-market clients.
- Cultivated customer rapport and resolved issues that drove client retention.
1985 – 2002, Indianapolis, IN
Developed and Oversaw entire project lifecycle from conception to opening: site selection, real estate procurement, design & layout, equipment selection, construction management, hiring and on-boarding, training, menu concept, layout and costing. Developed successful standard operating procedures and detailed protocols needed to establish future restaurants.
- Opened Indianapolis’ first Farm-to-Table full-service American Restaurant.
- Reconceptualized menu design to incorporate seasonal ingredients and flare with ever changing menu encouraging local farm production, vendors, and a strong foothold within the community.
- Oversaw entire project lifecycle from conception to opening: site selection, real estate procurement, design & layout, equipment selection, construction management, hiring and on-boarding, training, menu concept, layout and costing.
- Performed ongoing training with staff including education regarding the local food scene, which involved a systematic tasting of wine and food.
The Carriage House
1977 – 1985, Indianapolis, IN
Spearheaded comprehensive restaurant renovation which led to receiving the 5 Diamond Award.
- Oversaw and approved all facets of construction during the restaurant expansion.
- Served as General Manager of the kitchen and service teams.
- Crafted and implemented a wine program to include procurement, storage, and sales.
- Developed the menu concept and design.
Bachelor of Science Hospitality and Tourism Management, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN